Making Sure Your First Weeks are Successful!
1. Be knowledgeable about the campus-locations and times!
2. Know transportation information and have a backup plan!
3. Make yourself comfortable on campus!
4. Make friends with classmates! Get contact information!
5. Familiarize yourself with the syllabus for each course, all course requirements, and all the requirements for your ultimate goal!
6. Purchase books and supplies as soon as possible-but don’t write in books until after the first class!
7. Have a plan book and use it!
8. Establish a notebook system-either separate notebooks or a large binder divided into sections.
9. Contact professors if you are absent. Only miss class if absolutely necessary!
Strategies for Every Day
Strategies for Time-Management